Westlock Regional Landfill (main landfill south and east of Westlock) is under the direction of the Westlock Regional Waste Management Commission, not the County of Westlock. It is comprised of members from the Town of Westlock, Westlock County, and the Village of Clyde.
For current fees, bylaws and commission policies please click on the Learn More link below.
The Waste Commission is responsible for the Westlock Regional Landfill. The landfill is a Class II Municipal Waste Facility and under the management of a Commission Manager. The landfill operates under the Alberta Government Code of Practice for Landfills.
Follow staff directions at all times
The Westlock Regional Waste Management Facility (Landfill) is now taking recycle materials but there are some stipulations.
- If you have a cough or cold please have a mask on, or stay away until better.
- no tissues or materials that have liquids in them.
- Residential and small commercial loads go into the east end of building.
- you are to sort your recycle materials (cardboard, plastic without film, paper, tin cans) for the recycle centre
- staff are not allowed to assist
- Commercial loads go into the west door and must wait until staff direct them in and must follow procedures outlined by staff.
- No access to scale house or back of recycle centre until further notice.
The transfer station and Landfill will be open, so we will continue to receive waste during regular hours. Staff will not be allowed to assist to unload or to handle any waste, so bring waste in a manageable volume for you to handle. If you have a cough or a fever please do not come out, if you do please be masked.
Staffs health and wellness are priority so among the above requirements, non staff members will not be allowed into any buildings. The only exception is essential contractors as required.
Please follow any directions given to you by staff and be safe.
Thank You, Tom Moore, Commission Manager.
Always ask the scale attendant if we can take something and where it should go. Thank you
Due to the concerns of the Corona Virus, there may be procedures that may change depending on what Alberta Health directs. With this we ask for your support and understanding as we want to keep all staff and customers safe. We are working hard to keep all customer areas clean as best as possible, such as doors sanitized as regular as possible. We do ask that if you have any signs of this virus to please package your waste in a tied plastic bag and that when you are on site to please wear some form of a mask to protect staff. Thank you and lets all be safe and healthy.